Can someone please answer this question I've posted repeatedly even if it is just to say slag off

Does dumper.exe work?

I am unable to get the dumper utility to produce a core dump.
I have read the FAQ, the webpages and searched the mailing lists.

My cygwin.bat startup file contains the following:
  set CYGWIN=error_start=c:\cygwin\bin\dumper.bat

My dumper.bat file contains the following:
  dumper.exe -d %1 %2 %3
  pause

The program in question was compiled with the gcc -g option:
  main() {
    int h;
    h = 1 / 0;
  }

Upon execution I see the following in the cygwin console:
  $ ./div.exe
        7 [main] div 2296 handle_exceptions: Error while dumping state (probably corrupted stack)
  Arithmetic exception (core dumped)

In the cmd.exe console window that dumper.bat starts I see the following:
  C:\cygwin\home\jlambert>dumper.exe -d C:/cygwin/home/jlambert/div.exe 1884
  dumping process #1884 to div.exe.core
  setting bfd architecture: No error

  C:\cygwin\home\jlambert>pause
  Press any key to continue . . .

  Yet no .core file is produced anywhere.
  I have also tried using dumper.exe directly with the following setting with the same results.
    set CYGWIN=error_start=c:\cygwin\bin\dumper.exe

  And I have verified that the process number above is correct.
  What am I doing wrong?

 Thank you