This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Libtool patch - installation of DLLs with ntsec
- From: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 23:15:44 -0500
- Subject: Re: Libtool patch - installation of DLLs with ntsec
- References: <00bc01c2d922$41ba0260$78d96f83@pomello>
Max Bowsher wrote:
I just found this in a forgotten corner of my hard drive.
The issue it was created to solve was that DLLs are installed without
execute permission, when ntsec is on. I haven't tested this recently,
because I decided some time ago that nontsec made my life a whole lot
easier, but it did work when I wrote it.
Here it is, in case anyone wants it.
I'll file it away, in case anyone complains in the future. But AFAIK
this is no longer a problem -- at least, I use ntsec and I haven't run
into libtool installing DLLs without execute perms.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html