This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: upgrade packages
- From: "Elfyn McBratney" <elfyn-cygwin at exposure dot org dot uk>
- To: "cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>,<eduardo_osorio_armenta at hotmail dot com>
- Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 00:52:51 -0000
- Subject: Re: upgrade packages
- References: <email@example.com>
Eduardo, when posting new threads please do not just reply to a thread and
change the subject. Start a new thread instead.
> When i install an package upgrade
> the older is uninstalled?
> or the binaries are around there
Yes. When you install a package update the older package files are
un-installed first, then the new package is installed. Unless of course they
are in use, in which case they are properly installed after a reboot.
elfyn at exposure dot org dot uk
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html