This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: connect() not interrupted by sigalrm?
- From: Eric Mandel <eric at head-cfa dot harvard dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com, "Elfyn McBratney" <elfyn-cygwin at exposure dot org dot uk>
- Cc: eric at head-cfa dot cfa dot harvard dot edu
- Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 13:46:37 -0500
- Subject: Re: connect() not interrupted by sigalrm?
Thanks for your prompt response:
> Cockpit error. You left out a few headers.
> - string.h is needed for memset()
> - unistd.h is needed for alarm()
> - arpa/inet.h is needed for inet_addr()
> After that it works fine.
The addition of these include files does make gcc -Wall happier, but
it not change the behavior of the program at run-time. Under Cygwin on
my XP box, it still waits many seconds for the connect() to timeout
and then returns with a "Connection timed out" error, instead of
returning after the 2 second alarm with the desired "Interrupted
system call" error.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html