This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: letters of the path have returned in numbers? Any idea why?
- From: Aldi Kraja <aldi at wubios dot wustl dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 15:26:31 -0600
- Subject: Re: letters of the path have returned in numbers? Any idea why?
- Organization: Washington University
- References: <Pine.GSO.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: aldi at wubios dot wustl dot edu
Great! I tested your suggestion with
startx -e bash
and it corrected the paths as the previous defaults.
I am not going to use rxvt and I have uninstalled it, unless someone
any extra use of it compared with X-term.
Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, Aldi Kraja wrote:
Before I was working only with Xfree86 and it was responding fine at
least on the windows open. Now that I added some more packages such as
rxvt etc., my paths in the directories when I startx are becoming
nonsense: here is an example : \033[32m\]\u@ and more numbers. Does
anybody has a suggestion how to revert this process in original letters
of the path?
rxvt by default starts with /bin/sh as the shell, which doesn't understand
color sequences in the prompt. Try "rxvt -e bash".
P.S. This was non-XFree86-specific. If you have further questions about
XFree86, please use the cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com list.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html