This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Can't start inetd
- From: Jim Peng <jpeng at vitaminshoppe dot com>
- To: "'cygwin at cygwin dot com'" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 12:00:21 -0500
- Subject: Can't start inetd
Can someone help me with this:
i installed latest cygwin 1.3.20 with inetutils on window 2k with sp3, i
followed the README for inetd installation but it can NOT be started with
message: service did not responds to the start or control request in a
here is what i did
1) inetd --install-as-service
2) set CYGWIN system variable as "binmode tty ntsec"
3) add d:\cygwin\bin to PATH system variable
4) net start inertd or start it from service manager
the same result with another w2k box, when i try to start it directly using
inetd.exe on one box nothing happened on the another box it errors out
saying cygwin1.dll could NOT be found in the PATH, but i am sure it's in the
where i did wrong?
thanks in advance
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html