This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: man problems - how to get a pre 1.5g-2 binary?
- From: "Elfyn McBratney" <elfyn-cygwin at exposure dot org dot uk>
- To: "cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>,<hauser at acm dot org>
- Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 07:31:04 -0000
- Subject: Re: man problems - how to get a pre 1.5g-2 binary?
- References: <KJEOKFJJEDMIGBEEJCHCGEBGNJAA.email@example.com>
> Since January I have the following problems with man:
> If I use 1.5g-2, it finds all pages in the manpath, but renders the troff
> with lots of ugly Esc[^...
> If I use 1.5j-1, the pages it finds are rendered nicely, but it doesn't
> the pages in the directories I added myself to the manpath.
> Anybody knows the solution to this?
> Or (since it worked fine before Jan 2003) - how can I get an older binary
> http://www.cygwin.com - perhaps this will bring me back to the 2002 state
> "man" just working like I expect it to?
> Typically I use to first download to local drive and then install from
> there, but it appears that I didn't for this part...
> Many thanks for any hints in advance!
I don't think a version before 1.5g-2 will be hanging around as that package
was introduced sometime in 2000. What is the contents of your MANPATH
elfyn at exposure dot org dot uk
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html