Re: Win 2000 : Open Files With Word & Excel From The Command Line

Steve,

If you have or are willing to install the cygutils package, then cygstart is indeed the preferred way to deal with this general problem.

However so that you'll be able to do comparable scripting when cygstart isn't an option, I'll point out where you went wrong--it's all erroneous BASH syntax. See below.