Re: Duplicate cygwin

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 12:15:59PM +0100, Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:
> >As Cliff Hones suggested (also yesterday), it may well be a good idea to
> >start supporting this kind of thing. If Ben wants to put some time and
> >effort into it, forking off a Cygwin, developing the capability to have
> >two run at the same time, that could lead to a merge with the current
> >Cygwin to let Cygwin have that capability (and if he can get the mount
> >points out of the registry, I think Chris and Corinna may be interested in
> >that as well).
>
> Actually, no.  I'm not interested in this at all.  Use chroot or write a
> .bat file to switch between two different mount configurations.
>
> I am very very much not interested in attempting to support two different
> versions of cygwin on the same system.
Well, in that case, Ben will be stuck with his forked-off BenCygwin :)

Hope you don't mind us discussing it on the Cygwin list, though - IMHO, it
may lead to less questions for the Cygwin people (and more for Ben) if he
gets anywhere with this. (But, it might lead to exactly the inverse).

If you do mind this discussion, I opt we move it elsewhere, because I *am*
interested :)

rlc