This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Username with space in it
- From: David Starks-Browning <starksb at ebi dot ac dot uk>
- To: David Rasmussen <pinkfloydhomer at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 11:07:41 +0000
- Subject: Username with space in it
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tuesday 18 Feb 03, David Rasmussen writes:
> My Windows user name is "David Rasmussen". I've found
> that some things choke on the space in the user name,
> for example bootstrapping gcc. So I would like to use
> another name, "david" as my username. Can that be
> done? And how?
Do you really need to change your user name? You probably just need
to change your home directory. See what's currently done in
/etc/profile. Set HOME to something else. Make sure you create that
directory, and also edit /etc/passwd accordingly.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html