Re: Win 2000 : Open Files With Word & Excel From The Command Line

Steve,

Do your scripts look something like this:

-==-
#!/bin/sh

exec "/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office/winword.exe" "$@"
-==-

If they're missing the "$@" part, they're not passing on the arguments you give the script to "winword.exe" or "excel.exe". The "exec" part at the beginning is optional, but definitely recommended in cases like this.

Oh, and to satisfy Thorsten: This is scripting 101 stuff and is in no way Cygwin-specific.

Randall Schulz