This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Long File Names and 8.3
- From: Dave Whiteley <d dot l dot whiteley at ee dot leeds dot ac dot uk>
- To: Vince Hoffman <Vince dot Hoffman at uk dot circle dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 12:43:48 +0000
- Subject: Re: Long File Names and 8.3
- References: <3500515B75D9D311948800508BA37955014BD86B@EX-LONDON>
On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 10:39:47AM -0000, Vince Hoffman wrote:
> try a "which ls" rather than whereis.
> also try "type -a ls"
This does indicate the location of the "ls" it is really running.
Now I have to work out why it is the wrong one! The PATH looks OK.
I will collect some more evidence...
Phone +44 (0)113 343 2059
School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering
The University of Leeds. Leeds, LS2 9JT, UK
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html