This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: David Starks-Browning <starksb at ebi dot ac dot uk>
- To: Maurício <briqueabraque at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:49:45 +0000
- Subject: cygdrive
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wednesday 12 Feb 03, Maurício writes:
> Why can't we see /cygdrive with ls in /, and also can't see it using
> word completion in bash (i.e., typing cd /cyg and pressing tab)?
I guess this belongs in the FAQ. (It's not there already?)
/cygrive is not really "there" in the sense that ls or bash need them
to be for the actions you describe. It's an internal means to access
unmounted drives. That's all.
(Cygwin FAQ maintainer)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html