This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: vim can't handle DOS line endings in .vimrc (was Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: vim-6.1.300-1)
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 23:46:20 +0100
- Subject: Re: vim can't handle DOS line endings in .vimrc (was Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: vim-6.1.300-1)
- References: <20030209175012.CBD5A1B8E8@redhat.com> <3E46D563.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 02:25:39PM -0800, Shankar Unni wrote:
> I've just updated to the latest everything (cygwin 1.3.20, vim 6.1.300-1).
> I normally leave the CYGWIN env var undefined (i.e. cygwin defaults).
> Vim now complains about my .vimrc file (which has DOS line endings).
Change it to UNIX lineendings. I'm surprised that it worked for you
with 6.1-2 (must be a pure coincidence since it doesn't work for me
with 6.1-2) since it was never supported at least since 6.0. This is
a decision of Bram Moolenaar, the original developer and upstream
maintainer of vim and I'm in total agreement with him.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:email@example.com
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html