This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Java on Cygwin (was: TclX and J2SDK)
- From: "David P. Caldwell" <inonit at inonit dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: paulus_allo at yahoo dot com
- Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 09:38:12 -0500
- Subject: Java on Cygwin (was: TclX and J2SDK)
** I also plan to install J2SDK on Cygwin, can anybody
help me with this? I have downloaded the bin file from
SUN website, what next?
For Java, you'll need to install the Windows version of the SDK, not the
Linux version. Since the executables (javac, java, etc.) are native
Windows executables, they won't understand Cygwin paths. You'll need to
become familiar with the "cygpath" command.
There's a recent thread (probably more than one) about this in the
mailing list archives. The resources at
http://www.inonit.com/cygwin/faq/ may help.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html