This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: awk strangely outputs to file
- From: Chiranth <chiranth dot m at net-kraft dot com>
- To: Harald Kierer <Harald dot Kierer at astrum dot de>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 10:55:09 +0530
- Subject: Re: awk strangely outputs to file
On Feb 3, Harald Kierer wrote....
>How can awk write Windows-like text files from within the script?
>The only way right now is to redirect the whole output like above.
perhaps you would like to keep awk working the way it is currently and
call use the program unix2dos to convert the output file to DOS format.
You can write it in a single shell script somewhat like this...
awk -v v_OutFile="c:/x" -f example.awk /etc/passwd
IMO it would be a pain if awk were to output data with Windows style
line terminators. It would affect other programs to which data is piped
Netkraft Pvt Ltd
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html