This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin 1.3.19-1 file permission out of sync with NTFS on XP?
- From: "Pierre A. Humblet" <pierre dot humblet at ieee dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 16:38:32 -0500
- Subject: Re: cygwin 1.3.19-1 file permission out of sync with NTFS on XP?
- References: <200302031914.h13JE6g22439@work.bitmover.com>
Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 11:14:03AM -0800, Andrew Chang wrote:
> I have a situation in which a cygwin app created a file, chmod it to readonly.
> then we have a win32 app chomd the same file to writable (0644).
> In cygiwn 1.3.12, the new write permission would show up in the
> cygwin "ls -l" command. In cygwin 1.3.19-1, the write permission is not visible in cygwin "ls -l",
> but if I go to the Explorer, it would show the file as writable.
Could you send the outputs of cacls and attrib (both Windows apps) and ls -l
before and after the win32 app action (the file only, not the whole dir)?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html