This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [RFC]: Meet Cyppy, the irritating Cygwin mascot!
- From: "Elfyn McBratney" <elfyn-cygwin at exposure dot org dot uk>
- To: "cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>,"Gary R. Van Sickle" <g dot r dot vansickle at worldnet dot att dot net>
- Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 03:18:22 -0000
- Subject: Re: [RFC]: Meet Cyppy, the irritating Cygwin mascot!
- References: <NCBBIHCHBLCMLBLOBONKAEPCDLAA.email@example.com>
> I hereby formally propose the character shown in the attached image, known
> as "Cyppy", for the honor of "Official Cygwin Mascot". As an alternate
> "Cyggy" may also work, but I'm partial to "Cyppy" for some reason.
> "Hi! <BLINK!> I'm Cyppy, the irritating Cygwin mascot! <LOOK AROUND!>
> looks like you're having trouble with Perl's regular expressions. <TURN
> BICYCLE WITH EYES FOR TIRES!> Let me help! What do you want to do:
> - Match a single character?
> - Match a string of characters?
> - Execute a Perl script?
> - Execute the evil bastage who created me?
> - Install everything?
> - Unsubscribe?
> <TAP ON MONITOR!>"
Thats weird...I was thinking about this this morning and thought Cyggy (for
Cygwin) may come accross as the name for a cigarette manufactuor. I do like
the Cyppy name tho ;-)
Gary, can you send me the original clippy image, go away M$ copyright
enforcers, so I can play with it in photoshop? I'm way to lazy to find it on
the net and it's one of those nights where I'm still working gone 3am(tm)...
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html