Re: Latest TCL/TK breaks Python's tkinter

On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 04:02:58PM -0500, William A. Hoffman wrote:

>>>I would not say that this is strange.  The tcl/tk that is in cygwin, is
>>>only for insight/gdb, as the comment says.  It is not a full
>>>distribution of tcl/tk.  See the thread "tclsh83.exe should be
>>>cygtclsh83.exe".
>>
>>Who do you think releases tcl/tk?  I don't know why you'd think that I
>>don't know what's going on here.  This was basically a *generic*
>
>That is a good question, I assume from the tone of your question, it is
>you.  However, I searched the cygwin-apps announce for the new release
>of tcl/tk and found no mention of it.  There is also no /usr/doc
>directory for tcl/tk.

There was an announcement of a new release on Tuesday:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2003-01/msg00024.html

and Charles Wilson mentioned it in the thread that *you* started:

>I guess I am still a bit upset, that the tcl/tk from setup no longer
>does what I need it to do.

For the record, I don't recall that you ever described precisely what
your issue was with tclsh.  When I ran it, I noticed an obvious error
which may have been what you were experiencing.  Coincidentially enough,
I'd been plannnig on releasing a new version of tcl/tk since 8.4.1 was
introduced, so a new release showed up *the day after* you started
complaining.  tclsh84 does not have the obvious error.

It's strange that you are still complaining about this rather than
either reporting bugs with the new version (in the correct place, of
course) or (hopefully) noticing that everything works now.

cgf
--
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.
Special for spam email harvesters: send email to aaaspam@sourceware.org