This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: rsync hang - strace output - any ideas?
- From: Lapo Luchini <lapo at lapo dot it>
- To: Max Bowsher <maxb at ukf dot net>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 17:22:00 +0100
- Subject: Re: rsync hang - strace output - any ideas?
- References: <00d001c2c6d3$156b2e20$78d96f83@pomello>
Max Bowsher wrote:
What release are you using exactly?
I was running the rsync testsuite, and an rsync process hung.
I did "strace -p <pid>", and got 1 line of trace:
4 4 [sig] rsync 2540 wait_sig: looping
Does this mean anything to any Cygwin gurus?
In 2.5.5-2 I added a small patch (don't remember the author, see the
included README) that adds a sleepms(30) to try to avoid a (possible?)
bug in signaling between parent and child in Cygwin.
Some heavy user say that also with that sleepms(30) they sometime hang
and that sleepms(100) "relsolved" that better, but this degrades
The imminent 2.5.6 adds a cache in the network stream that shuold help
and some other fixes (not by me).
For more infos:
Lapo 'Raist' Luchini
email@example.com (PGP & X.509 keys available)
http://www.lapo.it (ICQ UIN: 529796)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html