Re: ftp server showing date as part of the file/directory name

> hi Dave,
>
> you were right - my group is "Domain Users", so a line from 'ls' looks
> like
>
> -rw-rw-rw-    1 rsiklos  Domain U       23 Jan 23 16:18 .bashrc
>
> any way to solve this problem without changing group?

Far as I'm aware, nope.  For maximum compatible across OSs, usernames and
groupnames shouldn't contains spaces.  Perhaps there's a way to trick the
ftp server into substituting underscores for spaces in such circumstances
(anyone know?).  If there is then that would be the ideal way to do it.  But
I believe ftp just uses the output from ls