Re: Using cygwin and JAVA/JNI

Randall is usually 100% right about everything, but here he's actually
not. I haven't done it in a long time, but I've certainly written JNI
libraries with cygwin -- and in fact, used some fairly cygwin specific
features in doing so (my JNI library explicitly used dlopen() to open
another library, as I recall, and it all worked; and furthermore, much
of my library was written in C++, but the JNI entry points were
exported as 'extern "C".') I was amazed and thrilled when it all
worked.

When I did this, Mumit Khan's web page on the topic was invaluable,
but cygwin has changed a lot since then, so I'm sure the information
is out of date. Anyway, you might start by looking at the JNI links
halfway down this page:

   http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/