Re: RESOLVED: Using gcc to build a DLL discovered and linked at runtime

> After carefully inspecting the symbols from
> generated dlls and dlls provided by TradeStation,
> I found that symbols occurred with and without the
> @decorations.  e.g. PPI@4 and PPI.
>
> Adding -Wl,--add-stdcall-alias to the gcc line,
> all worked fine.
>
> Could this generally be a requirement for dlls
> that are opened at runtime in a fashion similar to
> dlopen?  If so, then some FAQ annotation would be
> in order here:
>   http://www.cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/dll.html

I may be wrong (I'm not a GCC expert), but isn't that more
of a gcc thing than a cygwin thing?

I don't want to end up pasting the whole gcc manual into
the "Using DLLs" page. It's really only intended to be a quick
start for cygwin, not a comprehensive guide.