Re: Using gcc to build a DLL discovered and linked at runtime

Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) wrote:

I assume the reason you're using the -mno-cygwin flag is because of Chris's comment. Clearly what you're trying to do won't work if you link against the Cygwin DLL. Using -mno-cygwin should remove cygwin1.dll
from the equation but just substituting MSCVRT.DLL for cygwin1.dll doesn't
mean that MSCVRT.DLL will load dynamically either. I dunno but judging
by the fact that you're still having troubles, the assumption is suspect. However, since you're no longer linking against cygwin1.dll (which isn't going to work), you're really just using the mingw pseudo cross compiler of Cygwin's gcc (the -mno-cygwin switch) to produce a straight Win32 DLL. In this context, it's really not a Cygwin question anymore (you could use mingw's gcc and presumably see the same problem... if not, then maybe that's your solution). I'd recommend following up on this at mingw-users@mingw.org if the mingw site doesn't have a solution for this problem.

Good luck,

Larry Hall lhall@rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. http://www.rfk.com
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
Holliston, MA 01746 (508) 893-9889 - FAX

Thank you for the pointers. I downloaded mingw and it gives the same behavior. I will ask the question on the mingw list.

Note that this example doesn't use cygwin or for that matter any functions at all.

Jim

#include "windef.h"
extern int __stdcall PPI(int);

__declspec(dllexport) int __stdcall PPI(int notused)
{
return 1;
}