Re: Support for DDWARF-2 debug info? (on Cygwin)

Hi Brian,

> I have built gcc 3.2.1 (just --enable-languages=c so far) with
> "#define DWARF2_DEBUGGING_INFO 1" added to config/i386/cygwin.h.
> The resulting compiler still produces stabs by default, but will
> accept "-gdwarf-2".
>
> When using "-gdwarf-2", the debug information is, I believe,
> correctly output, but the sections have incorrect attributes as
> shown by the "objdump -h" output below.

I believe that this is a gcc problem.  GCC generates ".section"
assembler directives to create these sections and it assigns the
attributes for the sections at the same time.

I think that you need to define a "named_section" function for the
gcc_target structure which will then add the necessary flags.  For an
example of this see arm_elf_asm_named_section() in
gcc/config/arm/arm.c.

Cheers
        Nick