Cygwin copy / paste problem with accentued characters

It seems that I'm not able to copy / paste accentued characters
from Command Prompt to Cygwin and between Cygwin.

I write the following on the bash prompt:

ÁáãçaÉ

I copy it to the Command Prompt:

ÁáãçaÉ

Now I copy it to the same bash prompt:

ça

The same if I copy it to another bash prompt.

It happens with all other applications, not only bash. I tested
with Lynx, Midnight Commander's internal editor, and others.

What could be wrong ? Accents work everywhere. Using XP
Professional SP1 with all updates. Brazilian ABNT2 keyboard.

BTW, to make some accentued characters (like É and all with ~)
work under Cygwin I had to set

Regional and Language Options -> Regional Options -> Advanced

to Portuguese (Brazil). All worked on Command Prompt with
English (United States).

Am I missing some Code page conversion tables under the same
window ? Which ?

TIA.

--
0@pervalidus.{net, {dyndns.}org}