Re: This is my first Cygwin Mail List

Jason,

Welcome.

We encourage clear, precise and concise questions. We suggest (many would like to demand it, in fact) that you do your homework and let us know where and how you did try to help yourself, not just that you want something or other vague that doesn't seem to be right there in front of you.

Generally speaking, this page, <http://cygwin.com/packages/>, is the place to go to find out if a particular piece of software is part of the general Cygwin distribution.

Here's a statement of the protocols under which this list operates for problem reporting (ideally): <http://cygwin.com/bugs.html>. Everything else is covered by Eric Raymond's little essay: <http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html>.

Just so you know, Cygwin supports GCC versions 2.95.3 and 3.2.

Randall Schulz