Re: Heads up: *possible* bug in cygwin

On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 11:18:55PM -0500, Charles Wilson wrote:

>>If somebody with a debuggable cygwin kernel could look into this, I'd
>>appreciate it.  I'll try to follow up on my own, but it takes FOREVER to
>>do a 'cvs update' on the cygwin source tree over a 28.8k modem...
>
>Sigh.  Finally built a debuggable cygwin from current CVS.  Here's the
>stacktrace from the SIGSEGV.

Problems "in the bowels" of malloc are invariably caused by memory
corruption, like double freeing of a pointer, overrunning of a buffer,
ignoring of OOM conditions, etc.  Given that the malloc in cygwin (to
say nothing of Doug Lea's malloc) goes through a fairly heavy workout
every day, I'd suspect the application before I'd suspect cygwin.

cgf