Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: expect-20021218-1, gdb-20021218-1, tcltk-20021218-1

On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 09:05:29PM -0500, Charles Wilson wrote:
>>then inspect the Makefiles and suggest patches in the insight mailing
>>list.  As I said, I'm just doing a "make install" to install tclt/k.
>
>I missed where you said you were doing a simple "make install".  I
>thought you were munging it post-build. Oops.

I use my mknetrel script for everything.  All I ever do is "make
install".  It's possible to munge things, of course, but I normally
remove things, or do minor renames not look around in the source
directory for extra things to install.

When it is possible to get things changed in the actual source, that
is clearly the right way to approach this.

>>I'm not comfortable with doing more than that or trying to second-guess
>>what is supposed to be installed.
>
>Ok.
>
>So, is the insight mailing list the "real" place where tcl and tk are
>developed, or is insight maintaining a fork?

http://scriptics.com/ is the home of tcl/tk, as far as I know.  I hear
rumors that newer versions of tcl/tk now support cygwin but it hasn't
been officially supported before this, AFAIK.  sources.redhat.com has
been maintaining a separate copy of the sources since forever.

cgf