Re: rsync windows -> unix still hanging :(

Hi Jim,

Thanks for writing back!

I'm not really an rsync developer, but I'd be happy to forward anything
you suggest on to that list.  One question, though.  In his email, Steve
seems to suggest that a patch (much like this one) has already been added
to the rsync CVS tree, but that it did not work for him:

Steve Evans wrote:
[...]
> A few web searches later, I realized that a lot of folks have seen this
> problem.  I saw one proposed fix...
>  http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2002-09/msg01155.html
> This fix is in rsync 2.5.5-2, but rsync still hangs for me.  I'm able to
> sync a smaller directory but this larger one fails consistently
[...]

Could you clarify for me whether the patch Steve refers to is the same as
(or has the same effect as) the one you describe below?  Or are they two
different animals?  If they are different, should we test whether this
patch fixes his specific problem?

Best regards,
Mike

http://www.mikerubel.org