Re: system cpu 99% when doing ls -CFs on W2K laptop

When you say "true" ls.exe what do you mean? If your talking about the
one that came with cygwin, stock ls, then it's going to use the
cygwin1.dll.

I tried your "testcase" and did it so much my bash history is at 1039.
All worked perfectly.

I don't suppose you have some *large files* in your /tmp directoy do
you? Perhaps over the 2GB limit?

Elfyn
elfyn@exposure.org.uk