Solved! Re: Cygrunsrv problem starting service created with --user

I finally found the problem with not being able to
start my service (kept getting: cygrunsrv: Error
starting a service: QueryServiceStatus:  Win32 error
1062: The service has not been started.).

WRONG:
cygrunsrv --install rsync_daemon --user
'mynetwork\theusername' --path /usr/bin/rsync -a
"--daemon --no-detach"

RIGHT:
cygrunsrv --install "rsync daemon" --user
'mynetwork\theusername' --path /usr/bin/rsync -a
"--daemon --no-detach"

Note the quoting around the service description - it
apparently requires them.  Thing to note: if done
correctly, it'll accept ANY password, then give you a
logon failure message when you try to start it with:
 cygrunsrv --start "rsync daemon"

One more way to see if you're doing it right.

Anyhow, hope this helps someone else along the way - I
hate to think I wasted this many hours of my life for
nothing.  But I now have a running service, and life
is good.