Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: lynx-2.8.4-3

On Mon, 23 Dec 2002, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 23, 2002 at 05:13:29PM -0200, Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote:
> > http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2002-12/msg01239.html
> >
> > The problem exists in dev.12.
> >
> > Spawning your default shell.  Use 'exit' to return to Lynx.
> >
> > Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
> > (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
> >
> > g:\home\fredlwm>
> >
> > 2.8.4-3:
> >
> > Spawning your default shell.  Use 'exit' to return to Lynx.
>
> You're not using a Cygwin shell.  Cygwin comes with ash,
> bash, tcsh and zsh.  We don't support plain cmd.exe in the
> first place.  It's far more important that it works
> flawlessly under normal conditions which means, using a shell
> from the Cygwin net distro.  Especially we don't support
> COMSPEC as part of a Cygwin environment.

I'm. This is what I get with the latest developmental version,
which doesn't include your patch. I get the bash prompt with
the Cygwin binary.

> > I also noticed the Cygwin with screen problem Thomas fixed
> > doesn't exist in this version, even though I don't see any
>
> Which problem?  I'm using stock 2.8.4.  I don't use
> intermediate developer versions for releasing.

I'm aware. It was the problem I reported some days ago, that
Thomas fixed in dev.12. The Cygwin binary works fine without
the change:

2002-12-18 (2.8.5dev.12)
* remove a check in LYMain.c for cygwin's console, which does
not work with screen (report by Frederic L W Meunier) -TD

Discussion started at:

http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month122002/msg00153.html

Setting CYGWIN=notty didn't change anything. I even added it to
cygwin.bat.

A problem I see in the Cygwin binary has been fixed some months
ago:

2002-05-28 (2.8.5dev.8)
* remove ifdef that disabled home/end keys with Cygwin
configuration -DK

The fix from Doug is at
http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month042002/msg00155.html

--