Re: recent cygwin reinstall yields ls problem

Al,

Without a `cygcheck -s -v -r` output attached (as per
http://cygwin.com/bugs.html ), the only things that can be offered are
wild guesses, so here's one: it looks like you might have a misguided
alias.  In bash, type

$ type -a ls

and see if there's anything unusual about it.  Also, try redirecting the
output of the first ls to the file and examining it for hidden/special
characters (or simply pipe the output to 'cat -v').
	Igor

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

Oh, boy, virtual memory! Now I'm gonna make myself a really *big* RAMdisk!
  -- /usr/games/fortune