Re: permission denied for NTFS network shares

It seems you are right. I tried to use RSH without ".rhosts", supplying password and then all the shares were accessible.
Now I just need to find a way to supply a password noninteractivly.
I know that "rexec" allows to do it on unix, but there is no "rexec" in cygwin.

Thanks
Genady

>Chris January wrote:

Unix/Linux systems are much more secure then NT but they do allow RSH
without password (using .rhosts).

Are you saying that there is no way whatsoever to have RSH without
passwords? I need it for running scripts/programs on different NT
machines. Interactive behaviour (login/password) will not allow that
since you can't hardcode your passwords in scripts.

AFAIK you'll need to supply a password at some point. You could try using
expect or something similar to pass the password through.

Chris