sshd and launching e.g. word.exe - no GUI screen shows up

Hi,

I log in fine, and get my prompt and everyting. sshd rocks!

I'm trying to do e.g.:
me@othermachine :> ssh winmachine word.sh some.doc
And have the word GUI appear on the machine it is actually running. I'm
aware, of course that X-forwarding wont work....

Here word.sh contains:
/cygdrive/c/Program\ Files/Microsoft\ Office/Office/WINWORD.exe "$@"

When I do this, WINWORD.EXE sits around in the "Windows Task Manager", and
the terminal does not return to the prompt, but the Word window does not
appear either. The same seems to happen with notepad, acdsee, gvim, and
other windows apps.

Another experiment: I run word.sh from a cygwin terminal, it comes up fine.
I close it. Then I do "ssh localhost" and log in. I get a prompt that is
exactly like it was before the ssh localhost. If I then run word.sh, it
likewise does not appear.

What is the reason for this? Is it possible to lauch windows programs (with
actual "windows") from another host via ssh / sshd? I'd love to be able to
launch word, acdsee etc. when bashing away at my Linux dirs...

/var/log/sshd.log is empty.
I tried 'UsePrivilegeSeparation no' in /etc/sshd_config => no effect

Any help appreciated!

Sincerely,

Peter