How to link the following library under Cygwin?

Dear all,

I dowload one graph partition package called "metis" and build it into
"libmetis.a".
Then I write one file "initialize.c" which calls one function
'METIS_NodeND' inside from the package "metis". After compilation  and
linking them under Cygwin/xFree86 as follows:

gcc -o test initialize.c -L. -lmetis

gives the following information:

initialize.o(.text+0x4b8):initialize.c: undefined reference to '_METIS_NodeND'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status.

AS we know, it is fine under Linux. Would you like to tell me how to
compile the library "libmetis.a" and my "initialize.c" under Cygwin/XFree86?

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Zhaosong
Zhaosong Lu
School of Industrial and Systems Engineering
Georgia Institute of Technology 30332
Tel:1-404-873-1929(H) 1-404-894-4318(O)