Re: Problem with less's output of man pages after update (ESC ...)

I had the same problem.  I fixed it by setting the env var 'PAGER'
as follows:

export PAGER='/usr/bin/less -r'

which, according to the man page, doesn't make a lot of since.  But, since
I was seeing by default what I believed to be associated with the '-r'
switch, I figured I could toggle it off by providing the -r switch.

Seems to have worked.

David

> Hi,
>
> When I updated cygwin yesterday, everything works except for the formatting of
> manual pages.  When I do
>
> $ man man
>
> I get output that looks like (starting with the third line):
>
> ESC[1mNAMEESC[0m
> ESC[1mSYNOPSISESC[0m
>
> and in general has lots of these ESC codes.
> haven't edited /etc/man.conf.   I don't have MANPAGER defined in the
> environment, and I get the same output with
{ snip }