Re: Fetchmail or some other interface to MS Exchange ?

Dieter,

On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 08:57:25AM +0100, Dieter Meinert wrote:
> since I'm required to use a win.... box now, I need some interface
> outside outlook to the exchange server (sorry, no other protocols like
> pop or imap currently) Is there anything available and any experience
> out there ?

AFAICT, if IMAP and POP are not allowed, then you are out of luck.  Can
you convince your IT staff to turn on IMAP but require NTLM
authentication?  IMO, this is a reasonable compromise.  If so, then you
can use the standard Cygwin fetchmail package to drive procmail or
another MDA.  Otherwise, if you are very motivated, then you can add a
MAPI protocol hander to fetchmail... :,)

Jason