Re: Grep says file exists and then doesn't "grep" it

Chris,

At 17:37 2002-12-19, Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 03:47:27PM -0800, Randall R Schulz wrote:
>Sorry...I didn't mean to embarrass you. I was hoping for something a
>little more juicy, I guess--it's been a slow soggy shut-in sort of day
>(and week) out here... Rain, rain and more rain. Then it rains.

The only thing that I don't understand is why rebuilding grep supposedly worked. I thought that maybe grep had a test for "can I open directories" but it doesn't.
Difference in stack frame layout or global variable orderings produced between the cross-compiler you use and the Cygwin-hosted compiler that Mark used? Some difference in the precise details of the two compilers' configurations?

I'm almost tempted enough to think about rebuilding grep on windows 95 but...

Nah.

cgf

Randall Schulz