Re: Grep says file exists and then doesn't "grep" it

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 03:47:27PM -0800, Randall R Schulz wrote:
>Sorry...I didn't mean to embarrass you.  I was hoping for something a
>little more juicy, I guess--it's been a slow soggy shut-in sort of day
>(and week) out here...  Rain, rain and more rain.  Then it rains.

For the record, I actually was in the process of checking this problem
when Pierre sent in the patch.  I was starting at the line of code that
he fixed and didn't see anything wrong with it.  :-( The variable mixup
that he spoke of is one that I make all of the time.  It's good to see
that I'm not alone.

And, it's wonderful to see people fixing bugs.  This bug really just
kept the status quo going for a couple of months.  However, 1.3.18 is
right around the corner.

The only thing that I don't understand is why rebuilding grep supposedly
worked.  I thought that maybe grep had a test for "can I open
directories" but it doesn't.

I'm almost tempted enough to think about rebuilding grep on windows 95 but...

Nah.

cgf