Re: is "inetd telnet slowness" fixed? (conflict w/FTP Software's InterDrive?)

If you can't uninstall InterDrive, see also the thread "Telnetd hangs for
a while before giving login prompt", in which raghav@lionking.i2.com says:

Hi,

                 Finally found what the problem is. Let me not get into
technical details of
this. But inetd runs as SYSTEM and home directory of SYSTEM will be set to
"/". Edit passwd file and change the home directory of SYSTEM to something
(e.g, /tmp). Restart the inetd. Now telnetd should work fine. :-)

Raghav

P.S. I already uninstalled InterDrive so I cannot verify if this applies
also for me. Please, let me know if changing the home of SYSTEM is enough
(i.e. letting InterDrive installed).

Danilo Turina
Alcatel Optics OND Network Management
Rieti (Italy) - Phone: +39 746 600332

1 anno 8 mesi 9 giorni 14 ore 30 minuti 14 secondi

nicebounce@trodman.com
18/12/2002 21.04