Re: requesting the return of the syslog daemon

On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 07:38:54PM -0500, Mikhail Teterin wrote:
>Although removing the syslogd seems natural, since the syslog(3) send
>the info directly to EventLog, it is wrong.

We didn't "remove" syslogd.  It never existed.

Requests sent to the ether for someone to do something for you rarely
work.  If you want a syslogd, then there is a really simple voting
procedure.  Provide the source code to implement it.  Then people get to
evaluate your method and see if it makes sense.  If enough people decide
that it makes sense, then it becomes part of cygwin.

cgf