Re: Cygrunsrv problem starting service created with --user

--- Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu> wrote:
> This may be a shell quoting issue.  Try putting the
> --user parameter in
> single quotes (leaving the backslashes around).

Igor, thanks for the suggestion.  I just got through
trying it.  Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be it.

Single quotes (') did not allow me to create the
service - account name is invalid or does not exist.

Double quotes (") did allow me to create the service,
but it wouldn't start.

Two single quotes ('') did allow me to create the
service, but it wouldn't start.

So, still stuck.  I decided to try and explicitly
point at /etc/rsyncd.config, in case that made a
difference.  It didn't.  But that makes sense, since
it works fine without the --user parameter.

Thanks again for the help, though.  It was definitely
worth a shot.

Michael