Re: Gcc 3.2 -mno-cygwin

Since I was one of the responders to your original inquiry, I
take exception to the charaterization you give below of the
reproduce your issue on 1 machine (but not others) despite the
fact I had the "gcc-mingw" package installed there.  Since this didn't
make much sense to me, I reran setup and reinstalled the "gcc-mingw"
package.  This fixed the problem for me.  As I recall, I recommended
that you reinstall the "gcc-mingw" if you did indeed have it
installed but were experiencing this problem.  If that's assessing
blame (i.e. who's "fault" it is that you're having this problem) in
your eyes, I'll offer you an apology if that helps you put this
issue behind you.

However, for anyone else reading this thread now or in the future,
I think it's important to clearly state that problems of this type
are installation specific and can be remedied by following the advice
to install/reinstall the "gcc-mingw" package.  Certainly though if you
see this issue and can provide any specific details that would help
the rest of us understand how it arose, we'd be glad to hear about it.
Currently, the "gcc-mingw" is a dependency of the "gcc" package so it
will be installed by default with gcc in a normal install unless the
user has requested otherwise.

Larry