Re: Gcc 3.2 -mno-cygwin

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 09:07:57PM -0800, Paul G. wrote:
>> Redirecting this, too.
>>
>> On Sun, Dec 15, 2002 at 03:18:00PM -0800, Paul G. wrote:
>> >Well, if your Win32 system doesn't support links (NT4 shortcuts), this
>> >isn't really surprising.
>>
>> Did you actually read this email or were you just scanning for keywords
>> like the word "link"?
>
>Heh, nice bait...but I won't bite...seems like you're not in a good
>mood right now...

Funny how your email does that to me.

To recap and elucidate:

1) This is not a shortcut problem.  If it was the mailing list would be
flooded with complaints.

2) setup.exe produces old-style cygwin shortcuts.

3) The user is allowed to assume that -mno-cygwin works fine.  It should
be working much better in gcc 3.2 than it ever has before.

4) You offered faulty advice when you the correct advice was to install
the gcc-mingw package.  Please don't go on the "you know that, I know that"
riff when you never even suggested "that".

5) Please do not suggest using other packages as a way to solve cygwin
problems.

6) workaround: A temporary kluge used to bypass, mask or otherwise avoid
a bug or misfeature in some system.
When something is not working you can't claim a workaround.

That's it for me.
cgf