From: Ron Wood rdwwdr@yahoo.com
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 10:08:28 -0800 (PST)
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Slowness on app startup after recent update (and yes I read the
FAQ)

I updated my cygwin setup (full install) a few days
ago and now there is a considerable delay in
application startup. My current version is new. My
original version was as of October sometime.

I read the FAQ and see the issue with //c in the path.
That is not the case for me. In fact the delay is
still there when I fully specify the path (eg
>/usr/bin/vi takes 2 min to start).

I do believe it may have something to do with the
network and the system trying to find something it
cannot but I'm stumped on where to look.

This happened to me earlier in the year and I
eventually unintalled and reinstalled cygwin to get
rid of it. I'd rather not do it this time.

Thanks,

Ron