Re: Emacs: completion of buffer names ignores case

Eric Hanchrow wrote:

    Possible completions are:
    *Shell Command Output*             *shell*

Now, I can understand that Emacs would ignore case when completing
file names on Windows, since Windows itself doesn't distinguish file
names by case.  But since Emacs does distinguish buffer names by case,
I expect it, when completing buffer names, to ignore a buffer whose
name differs in case from what I've typed.

Is this a bug?
Undoubtedly -- I made some patches to the LISP source in 21.2-9
to attempt to get the proper case-insensitivity changes for Cygwin.

Let me look and see what I can find.

Joe Buehler