Changing to another user in cygwin -- login?

Hi,

I have postgres installed and running as a service under user postgres.

Now I want to run the createdb, etc scritps as user postgres to create a new database.

I have tried 'login postgres' from a bash shell, but this is the result:
$ login postgres
Password:
Login incorrect
login:

I know the password is correct, as I logged into windows with user postgres to init the postgres system.

I also followed all the instructions in the postgres readme.

Do I need to make any special changes to the NT user account or something?
(I do not know the Windows environment too well - use it by force, not choice) :-)

--
Andre Truter
Software Engineer

< The box said: Requires Windows 95 or better... >
< So I installed Linux >