Re: MS_types and addr_t name polution

Elfyn McBratney wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The addr_t type is used in memory managment (memory addresses??) in /usr/include/sys/mman.h. If you plan on using this (or is already on the code, mman.h i mean) you may have problems. What is the type of your addr_t? is it type char of * (pointer)?

Actually, mman.h uses caddr_t, not addr_t, at least in the cygwin 1.3.15
system I have installed.  Nothing in /usr/include appears to use addr_t.

My typedef of addr_t is for 64-bit int.

> If the code is open source you can just change the addr_t typedef name (in your source) to something else eg. addr2_t in all of your source files (a simple search and replace).

Yes, I renamed all references to addr_t to a different name.
It's just a nuisance and appears to be unnecessary name polution.